Polly Unnoyan Foundation (PUF)
Sreepur Bazar, P.O- Kajaldhara-3234
Upazila- Kulaura, Dist- Moulvibazar
Mobile No: 01712-051233
1. Name of the organization: Polly Unnoyan Foundation (PUF)
2. Registration status: This organization has been registered as an NGO under Department of Social Service (Registration and Control) Ordinance 1961, Vide registration no.- Moul-394/08 Dated- 25-05-2008. Department of Youth Development the Reg. No-: DYD/moul/133/08 Dated:
3. Address: Sreepur Bazar, P.o- Kajaldhara-3234, Upazilla- Kulaura,
. Dist- Moulvibazar, Bangladesh
4. Mobile No: 01712-051233
5. Head of the organization:
Badrul Hussain Khan Md.
Designation : Executive Director
Polly Unnoyan Foundation (PUF) is a Non-political, non-profit and- Government Voluntary Development Organization Formed with the initiatives of a few committed and dedicated social workers and philanthropists. Polly Unnoyan Foundation (PUF) established with an aim to promoting human and socio- economical development for the under privileged people living in rural area. To achieve the aim, PUF organizes the rural people who are living in poverty to improve their livelihood This organization initiated by some like-minded development patrons, for the improvement of the socio- economic condition of rural & urban communities as well as dissemination of information about development.
The philosophy of PUF is based on the conviction the paramount need of the men/women/Children both urban and rural is not relief but release from the prison of poverty, its main focus is to promote the socio-economic conditions of the under-privileged, distillates landless and economically poor people especially women through Organization, Education, Training, Participation and joint activities.
The goal of Polly Unnoyan Foundation (PUF) is to improve the socio-economies status of the disadvantaged people. To Promote the Socio-economic status of .............................................peoples organization, non-formal education, raining and mobilizing available resources, i,e. manpower, water and soli, To achieve the aims Polly Unnoyan Foundation (PUF) focuses on 2 fundamental inter-related objectives, which are alleviation of property and empowerment inter-related objectives, which are alleviation of property and empowerment to powerless people.
An Environment Friendly, Biodiversity rich, Enlighten discrimination Free Secular democratic and just society where people of different ages gender, religion, east and communities will enjoy their human rights equally.
Positive change of life of the poor people of disadvantage dominated area. Polly Unnoyan Foundation (PUR) is committed to mainstreaming the backward community through mobilizing the people for taking steps against superstitions, social injusuce, accessibility to the public resources, besides develop skill working tem and working strategy, Polly Unnoyan Foundation (PUR) desire to make the organization financially and structurally strong ensuring optimum utilization of public and private resources as well as collecting resources from internal and external sources. Polly Unnoyan Foundation PUF) is committed to ensure peoples participation, develop participatory decision making process and implementation for the environment friendly socioeconomic development of the targeted people, improving quality of work and mobilize peoples support for reaching the goal are the mission of Polly Unnoyan Foundation (PUF).
The objectives of Polly Foundation (PUR) are to
· To raise awareness on moral and legal rights and undertake of adequate arrangement protecting these rights within the community.
· To provide financial and technical support to enhance capacity and ereate employment opportunity among destitute and landless people.
· TO ensure basic right of poor and vulnerable ehildren, person with disability................................
· To cerate appropriate atmosphere of women empowerment through building up a better gender relation and implement the social economic and human rights of women.
· To take primary care of health of rural mass and help to build happy family.
· To introduce suitable program conserving the balance of ecology and promote community participation, towards the program,
· To arrange seminar, workshop, research and publication in order to establish social unity, economic emancipation and exposing human and cultural values.
· To increase literacy rate of the community people.
· To ensure Employment creation through need base IGA program.
· To control total population among the project beneficiaries.
· To develop Water & Sanitation facilities in the project area.
· To ensure Human Rights among the community People.
· To increase Social forestation.
· To develop Sound environmental situation in the project area.
· To establish Social Justice in the community level.
· To reduction the poverty alleviation of disadvantage rural & Urban people.
· To change the socio-economic condition of disadvantage rural & urban people.
11. CORE VALUES:
As an organization Polly Unnoyan Foundation (PUR) fosters up the values itself as follows:
· Justice: We are the supporters of all justice and are struggling for it.
· Honesty and Integrity: We keep own honesty to all principles of organization and pay integrity to the interest of Polly Unnoyan Foundation (PUR).
· Gender equity: We try to respect of each other and believe that the women folk are Human being too. They have equal rights as human being.
· Transparency and accountability: We have on confusion in transparency and accountability to the people we work for and with whom.
· Responsiveness: We are responsive to the peoples need and aspiration of local communities.
12. ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE:
· Cost effectiveness: We are conscious about cost in case of personal life and organization. We believe too, cost effectiveness prevents the waste of wealth.
· Cross communication and line derision: We promote communication across at any hierarchy within the organization but right and respective person makes decision.
· Family friendliness: We think Polly Unnoyan Foundation (PUF) is a family all concerned with Polly Unnoyan Foundation (PUF) are eloped member of the family.
· Mutual respect: We are aware of paying respect to our partner, Stakeholder and colleagues.
· Culture and Environment friendliness: we retention the positive elements of all culture and strive to keep the balance of ecology.
· Nature critique and learn from others: We are not afraid of critique from counterpart and learn from it.
13. WORKING PRINCIPLES:
· Unity: This is our pledge to keep unity among us and within the society This will enable us to do thing at challenging situation.
· Team Work: We work in team sprit to serve the community and always try to be a responsible team leader on behalf respective team,
· Creativity and Innovation: Creativity is our inherent will and innovation is our difference.
· Extent: we are latest, Progressive and worldwide in context of thinking and notion, but localized in program operation.
· Empowerment: we believe in all form of empowerment of poor, neglected and vulnerable people, we therefore play a catalyst role for their empowerment.
· Position: We hold our position in favor of poor and marginalized people and towards their wider interest.
· Sense of Responsibility: Carrying out of respective responsibility allocated by the organization in our pledge. This way, we ensure our social liability/obligation.
· Discipline, Participation and Cooperation: Discipline is a door to reach at the goal participation is the process of it and the cooperation expedites our movement.
14. To whom and how the organization is accountable:
This organization has an approved constituency to regulate and maintain all sorts of activities. It has a general body, which is mainly responsible to the government as well as the development partner and beneficiaries .There is an executive committee to govern all the activities taken as development initiatives .Executive committee is accountable to the general body. Executive Director is the member secretary of this committee he has to design. implement and handle all the income and expenditure related works. He is accountable to the executive committee and he has to ensure all the necessary to the target groups for his activities too.
We intend to cover all the disadvantaged community and underserved areas of country but presently are active with interventions in remote and inaccessible areas of Moulvibazar districts of
16.WE WORK WITH WHOM:
We are strongly committed to work together with all social forces aiming at establishment of human dignity and empowerment the deprived section of the community an equitable and just society will never established. Moreover keeping the marginalized behind, human civilization may not perfect, But reality is that few people deprived majority population by griping resources, power and knowledge and information, Our efforts to influence for pro-poor development policy and its practices for enabling the environment are to-
· Local Government Bodies
· Opinion leaders, Civil Society and Mass media
· Traditional administrative set up Our direst interventions are basically to produce benefit for the peoples who are treated as marginalized and deprived of all kind opportunity and rights. The people with whom we directly work and bias to serve are-
· Poor, Voiceless and asset-Less Peoples;
· Vulnerable Women and Children;
· Person With disability
· Underprivileged Youth
17. STRATEGIC APPROACH;
Polly Unnoyan Foundation (PUF) development strategy focuses to address integrated development efforts. Lt believes in empowerment of general people at grassroots people. Therefore Polly Unnoyan Foundation (PUF) strives to organize the target people into groups by forming grassroots organization. It has explored due to own experience to address people participation and need- based development their scoop-economic conditions, Retention of sustainable and environmentally sound development enterprises in the precondition in any Polly Unnoyan Foundation (PUF) programmatic interventions.
18. GOVERNANCE SYSTEM;
Polly Unnoyan Foundation (PUF) is governed in participatory and decentralized manner, An Executive committee committee consists of execution of the organization. The executive Director on behalf of executive committee conducts overall management and is an ex-officio an the secretary of F.C. The E.C convenes meeting for making necessary decision and review progress of organization after each month and general Council brings together at least once in a year. The E.C is responsible to the general Council for its activities. There is a Core Management Team consisting with not more than 10 members and headed by the Executive Director. This Team is responsible to implement the policies as well as Organizational management affairs.
19. ORGANIZATION STAFF STRENGTH;
There are sound experience employees engaged in Polly Unnoyan Foundation (PUF) programmatic management. They possess high degree of work commitment and sincerity towards the mission of the organization. The organization also has skilled and efficient staff in the area of RBA, PRA, Gender, Human Right, women and child right, TOT, Finance & HR management, Monitoring and Evaluation and Organization Development etc, Total Staff: 16 (Male-09, Femalc-07)
20. SECTOR/THEAME OF INTERVENTIONS:
Polly Unnoyan Foundation (PUF) on going program activities focuses on the sector of thematic area following-
· Community Empowerment
· Food & Livelihood Security
· Human Fights
· Women empowerment & Gender Equity
· Child Rights
· Health, Water & Sanitation
· Environment and sustainable agriculture
· Poverty Reduction
At present Following activities have been implementing in the working area:
1. Awareness Build-up activities 2. HIV-AIDS activities 3. Training activities 4. Social Forestry 5. Youth development activities 6. Women & Child Development activities 7. Education program 4. Water and Sanitation 7. Seminar & Workshop 10. Health Program 11. Disable Program 12. Human Right
21. Net-Work, Linkage & Partner/Membership:
Polly Unnoyan Foundation (PUF) is an active member of many important forum/network and organizations at national and international level. This are-
ø NGO Forum for DWSS
ø Self help Network
ø The Hunger Project
22. Present sources of Funds:
The organization has received project funds from the following funding partners since its inception.
1. NGO FORUM for DWSS
2. Local Donation & Member Subscription
3. Department of Youth Development
4. Department of Social Welfare
5. The Hunger Project
23. INANCIAL MANAGERMENT AND BANK ACCOUNT:
Polly Unnoyan Foundation (PUF) of bank account to accumulate the fund receiving from difference sources. All Bank A/Cs are operate through joint signature The executive director , The Chairperson and Treasurer of executive committee of the organization are authorized for Bank A/C and Executive Director, Coordinator (Finance and Admin) and Coordinator (program Implementation) of concerned Project/Program Head are authorized for project Bank (A/C) Operation, Financial management is maintained under the rule of existing finance Manual of the organization.
24. FUTURE DIRECTION:
The organization is now getting preparation to cope interactively with coming situation, possibilities and scope of resource mobilization for target population. The organization will respond to the needs-pursue empowerment and rights of vulnerable people as the area of concentration through all its strategies programmatic and organizational endeavors. This will be done based on-
· Development of appropriate governance, management and leadership at all level of organization
· Building up strong network alliance. working relationship and capacity with different stakeholders or actors on different development issues;
· Mobilizing resources, physical and Human, From different supporter (Local), national, International source) and effort shall be made to develop human resources by formulating effective and interactive staff development process;
· Set up a long term development Goal and prepare a strategic plan for a certain period;
· Carefully Formulation gender sensitive program by making provision of ensuring primary stake holder participation in program planning, implementation and evaluation;
· Exploration of new possibility of few revenue generative enterprises for financial viability and programming sustainability of the organization without depending on others.
25. Names of the members of the Executive Committee/Governing body:
Designation in EC
Md. Abdul Ahad
Md. Faruk Ahmed
Md. Badrul Hussain Khan
Md. Sweet Box
Md. Aziz Khan
Md. Saifur Rahman
Md. Abdur Rob
26. Written policy documents of the organization
a) Organizational profile
b) Service rule
c) Credit and Savings policy
d) Accounts manual
e) Gender policy
f) Organ gram
Organizational Structure of the PUF
Director Trainer Computer operator
Co-ordinator Accountant Area Manager
Fiele Supervisor Peon/Night
Peon/Night Guard Field Supervisor